The name “Milla Kazimir” is an alias I chose for some reasons. Milla was taken from the contraction of my real register name (which is Marila Tosi): I should thank one of my university classmates, Alì, a very smart and well-educated boy who came from Congo and couldn’t pronounce so well my real register name; and Kazimir was chosen by me from Kazimir Malevič (1878 Kiev – 1935 Saint Petersburg), one of the most important painter of Russian avant-garde, whose principles have inspired me while building my vision perspective.
Kazimir Malevič, Self-portrait, ca. 1909, Moscow Tret’jakov Gallery.
In my everyday life I am a writer, a photographer, a painter and a freelance translator (yes, I deeply like creative activities). I know English, German, French and Spanish very fluently and Italian is my mothertongue. Learning foreign languages can really help people to become open-minded. I am a very curious person, I love to try, to taste, to touch, to see, in one word: to experience… If someone asked me to describe my personality I could answer saying only few things:
- There are few foods and drinks I am really addicted to: ginger, wasabi, hot pepper, curry, ebi maki, soy sauce, shellfishes, Brussels sprouts, pizza, plum wine, vodka, Belgian amber beers (> 8%) and every kind of liquor!
- If I were an animal, I would be simply a cat: independent, savage, sometimes sweet, smart and quiet, but with an eye always opened to avoid getting involved in annoying situations and imaginary problems, often created by anxious people, but also to stay prepared to seize adventurous opportunities.
- Follow Milla also on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/Milla.Kazimir.Art.Photography
- on Flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/she_bloody_stibine/
- on Twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/MillaKazimir